Service Pension is paid every month to eligible officers at the end of their service.
Are you eligible?
Officers that are eligible to receive Service Pension:
- Regular Commissioned Officer that reach voluntary or compulsory retirement age or has at least 20 years of verified service record (subject to MAT approval)
- Short Term Commissioned Officer that retires according to Regular Commissioned Officer Compulsory Age
- Other Ranks Officer that has at least 21 years of verified service record.
- Regular Commissioned Officer, Short Term Commissioned Officer, Other Ranks Officer that retire due to medical reason verified by Medical Committee as “Unfit”.
You're not eligible to receive pension if you:
- Sentenced to prison
- Concealed facts
About Service Pension
Service pension is a continuous payment to Veteran until they pass away.
- Pension is not an absolute right of Veteran.
- Pension right may not be transferred unless to settle incurred government debt or following court order (e.g living support claim)
- Payment will stop when Veteran pass away. Next of kin must report to JHEV to process payment transfer to eligible next of kin through Derivative Pension.
How much is the pension?
- The monthly pension calculation for Regular Commissioned Officer:
1/600 x Total verified service in months x Current Rank Final Salary = Service Pension*
- The monthly pension calculation for Short Term Commissioned Officer:
3/4 x 1/600 x Total verified service in months x Current Rank Final Salary = Service Pension*
- The monthly pension calculation for Other Ranks Officers:
1/504 x Total verified service in months x Current Rank Final Salary = Service Pension*
- For those who retire due to medical reasons verified by the Medical Committee as “Unfit” pension are calculated based on the category above with no less than:
- 1/5 from Final Salary (Regular Commissioned Officer and Other Ranks Officers)
- 3/4 from 1/5 from Final Salary (Short Term Commissioned Officer)
Pension will increase by 2% each year from total monthly pension. Adjustment will be made in January each year.
When is pension paid?
Pension is paid monthly based on Pension Payment Schedule.
There are 2 ways pension are paid:
- Option A
Pension is credited directly to Veteran's bank account.
- Option B
Veteran needs to be present at the Bank to receive pension.
How to apply?
Please note that pension application and gratuity are administered by Jabatan Arah Rekod dan Pencen(JRP), MAFHQ. You could contact JRP directly at:
Jabatan Arah Rekod dan Pencen
Markas Angkatan Tentera Malaysia
Jalan Padang Tembak
50634 Kuala Lumpur
- How can I obtain Pension Statement for this year
Pension Statement can be obtained online at http://penyata.jhev.gov.my. Effective 15 January 2019, previous users must reregister to obtain the statement.
- Does officer that retires due to medical reasons verified by Medical Committee as “Unfit” are eligible to receive pension?
Yes, they are.
Review Pension Statement
You can review your Pension Statement online. Pension Statement Review.
Changing payment method from Option B to Option A
Download and complete the form. Forms need to be submitted to JHEV Headquarters or State Office branch near you.
MAF (Regular Forces) Retirement Benefit