Service Gratuity is a once-off payment for eligible officers (pensionable) when completing service time.
Are you eligible?
The following officers are eligible to receive Service Gratuity:
- Regular Commissioned Officer that reach voluntary or compulsory retirement age or has at least 20 years of verified service record (subject to MAT approval)
- Short Term Commissioned Officer that retires according to Regular Commissioned Officer Compulsory Age
- Other Ranks Officer that has at least 21 years of verified service record.
- Regular Commissioned Officer, Short Term Commissioned Officer, Other Ranks Officer that retire due to medical reason verified by Medical Committee as “Unfit”.
You're not eligible to receive pension if you:
- Sentenced to prison
- Concealed facts
About Service Gratuity
The Service Gratuity will be paid once-off upon completion of service.
Service Gratuity Calculation
- For Regular Commissioned Officer:
7.5% x Total verified service in months x Current Rank Final Salary = Service Gratuity*
- For Short Term Commissioned Officer:
3/4 x 7.5% x Total verified service in months x Current Rank Final Salary = Service Gratuity*
- For Other Ranks Officers:
7.5% x Total verified service in months x Current Rank Final Salary = Service Gratuity
- For retiree due to medical reasons verified by the Medical Committee as “Unfit” pension are calculated based on the category above with no less than:
- 1/5 from Final Salary (Regular Commissioned Officer and Other Ranks Officers)
- 3/4 from 1/5 from Final Salary (Short Term Commissioned Officer)
When will it be paid?
The once-off payment will be paid after completion of service to eligible officers.
Service Gratuity will be credited directly to Veteran's bank account
How to apply?
Please note that pension application and gratuity are administered by Jabatan Arah Rekod dan Pencen(JRP), MAFHQ. You could contact JRP directly at:
Jabatan Arah Rekod dan Pencen
Markas Angkatan Tentera Malaysia
Jalan Padang Tembak
50634 Kuala Lumpur
- Does officer that retires due to medical reasons verified by Medical Committee as “Unfit” are eligible to receive pension?
Yes, they are.
- In the case of officer passing, will the next of kin be eligible to receive Service gratuity?
No, Service Remuneration will only be paid to the officer.
MAF (Regular Forces) Retirement Benefit