Medication Reimbursement

Reimbursement claim for purchase of medication at any private pharmacy.

Are you eligible?

Ex-MAF Officers

  • served at least 3 years with Malaysian Armed Forces
  • served & mobilised full time at least 1 year with MAF Reserve Army

Non-MAF Officers

  • Force 136
  • British Army served in Malaya/Singapore ;
  • Sarawak Rangers

Dependant (of ex-MAF Officers)

  • Wife/Husband legally married and registered during service. Spouse name is also recorded in Service Acknowledgement Book and Veteran Card.
  • Wife/Husband legally married during retirement is eligible for treatment benefit as long as Veteran is alive or 20 years from retirement date if Veteran passes away.
  • Veteran's dependant includes their children, stepchildren, adopted children, and illegitimate children and are being cared full time by MAF Veteran. Their age must be:
    • Under 18 years old
    • Under 21 years old for student
    • No age limit for disable/poor/intellectual disability children. If the child was born normal and afflicted with disability(due to accident, high fever etc) before reaching 18 years old, Veteran must obtain supporting document i.e registration or verification from Social Welfare Department(JKM) and verification from any government doctors that the disability is permanent. 

Dependant (of non-ex-MAF Officers)

  • Wife/Husband

Who is not eligible?

  • Officers that were discharged due to misconduct e.g
    • ex MAF Officer discharged under Rule 49(l) – ‘Postponing Nonessential Services’ in Army and Air Force (Terms of Service) Regulation, 1961.
    • ex MAF Officer retired under Rule 20(2)(f), (g) and (h) to PPAT 1982 includes Section 9 (Cancellation of Commission) to Armed Forces Act 1972.
  • Ex MAF Reserve Officer that was not mobilised full time.

About Benefit

Cost of medication may be considered if:

  • Medication is prescribed by Government Medical Officer, listed in Health Ministry medication list/hospital however it was confirmed that it cannot be supplied by public hospital.
  • If medication is not listed above and there are no alternative medication, it must be approved by Medical Development Section in Health Ministry (for treatment at Public Hospital) or Director-General University Hospital (for treatment at University Hospital)
  • Medication required for long term is allowed however subjected to budget limit of medication supply for up to 3 months supply for each application.
  • Excludes food supplements and alternative medicine.
  • MAF Veteran must produce official receipts with clear details of claim and amount for reimbursement.

How to apply?

[more update soon]

Need help?

Our staff JHEV in Headquarters or State office is ready to help you or please contact us on 03-2050 8000


[more update soon]

Additional Information

[more update soon]