Patient Equipment Assistance Scheme
This scheme is to provide MAF Veterans and their family financial assistance to purchase support equipment.
Are you eligible?
- MAF Veteran* :
- Ex regular force of the Malaysian Armed Forces
- Ex-British Forces who served in Malaya, Malaysia or Singapore and Sarawak Rangers
- ex Force 136 and Territorial Army Regiment who was ordered to serve full time
- Not discharged on grounds of misconduct.
- Widow to MAF Veteran where marriage take place during service
- Orphan of MAF Veteran under 18 years old
This scheme aims to provide financial assistance to MAF Veteran, their spouse and dependant to purchase support equipment e.g wheelchair, cane, bed, mattress and others.
Each application must attach report/memo from a Government Medical Officer to support the need, quotation of the product or proof of purchase for the equipment.
The rate is up to RM5,000 lump sum.
- Application must be submitted within 1 year of the incident.
- This assistance for the same equipment will only be considered after FIVE YEARS.
- Reimbursement applications must be made no longer than one (1) year from the date of the equipment purchased.
- Reimbursement rate are as follow:
- 100% reimbursement will be paid for patient equipment from earning value or market value, whichever is lower.
- If the equipment purchased by the applicant did not comply with the Government Medical Officer recommendation or exceed the appropriate need, Welfare Department has the right to recommend the appropriate equipment and reimbursement will be paid for the recommended equipment price.
How to appply?
- Download and complete the form:
Welfare Assistance Application Form (JHEV.BK.2019)
- Application form must be filled by the applicant or next of kin. All statements and details provided must be accurate, honest, and true. Applicant is responsible for all the information given.
- All applications must be submitted via JHEV office at any Branches closest to where the applicant resides.
- Application will be checked to verify all the information given and will be considered for approval by the panel in JHEV Committee for Welfare and Education (JKKP)
- JHEV Welfare Application Review System
Check your application status
Need help? Help is here.
[more update soon]
[more update soon]