Service Completion Gratuity
Service Completion Gratuity is a once-off payment for eligible officers (non-pensionable) completing their service.
Are you eligible?
Officerrs that are eligible to receive Service Completion Gratuity:
- Regular Commissioned Officer that reach voluntary or compulsory retirement age or has at least 20 years of verified service record (subject to MAT approval)
- Short Term Commissioned Officer (TJP) that complete their service according to Service Expiration date.
You're not eligible for the gratuity if you:
- Sentenced to prison
- Concealed facts
About Service Completion Gratuity
Service Completion Gratuity will be paid once-off upon service completion.
Service Completion Gratuity Calculation
- For Regular Commissioned Officer
When total verified service time is more than 15 years:
20% x Total verified service in months x Current Rank Final Salary = Service Completion Remuneration 17.5% x Total verified service in months x Current Rank Final Salary = Service Completion Gratuity
- For Short Term Commissioned Officer
17.5% x Total verified service in months x Current Rank Final Salary = Service Completion Gratuity
When will the gratuity be paid?
Service Completion Gratuity will be paid once-off during service completion to eligible officers (non-pensionable)
Service Completion Gratuity will be credited directly to Veteran's bank account
How to apply?
Read Retirement Officers Documentation Responsibility.
Please note that pension application and gratuity are administered by Jabatan Arah Rekod dan Pencen(JRP), MAFHQ. You could contact JRP directly at:
Jabatan Arah Rekod dan Pencen
Markas Angkatan Tentera Malaysia
Jalan Padang Tembak
50634 Kuala Lumpur
- Will Other Ranks Officers that retire before Service Expiration date be eligible to receive this gratuity?
- Will next of kin of a passing officer be eligible to receive this gratuity?
No, Service Completion Gratuity will only be paid to the officer.
MAF (Regular Forces) Retirement Benefit